Circulation Performance Analyst
Reach PLC / Deadline: 02 July, 2021 /
Circulation Performance Analyst
Competitive + company benefits
Closing date: 02/07/2021
Reach plc are looking for a Circulation Performance Analyst who will be responsible for providing analysis and support to Circulation and Senior Management across the group.
Despite all the challenges of the last 15 months, the Newspaper and Magazine market is still generating circa. £2.3bn of Retail Sales Value pa , Reach with its portfolio of National/Regional newspapers and Magazines is one of the market leaders in the industry.
This new exciting role will give the successful candidate the chance to be part of a team totally focused on making the right decisions based on the data available to us.
So, who are we?
You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Daily Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
- Extracting data for analysis from core systems
- Building models for a variety of scenarios in order to provide a range of outcomes and insights , to produce robust assumptions and support investment and circulation strategy
- Produce regular KPI reports including commentary which aid the decision making process.
- Creating and maintaining a Circulation Data library containing all the key metrics relating to Reach and opposition titles.
- Using the Dunnhumby Shop on Lab system to provide insightful analysis and behavioural trends.
- Reviewing the sales impact of events or promotions, and where necessary apply this historical analysis to forecast the possible outcome of planned activity.
- Developing and maintain spreadsheet and database models.
- Managing the reporting of e-edition publications.
- Managing relationships with key suppliers, partners and internal departments.
- Working closely with the Circulation Operations & Performance Manager on analytical projects.
The Ideal Candidate
Who are we looking for?
You will be a confident and experienced statistician, ideally have experience of working within the newspaper/magazine supply chain or within the FMCG sector.
- High-impact, engaging personality with ability to drive things forward
- Ability to understand the granular detail and how that impacts the bigger overall picture
- Advanced Excel skills
- Has the ability to build relationships across the business.
- Communication, including written, face-to-face and presentation skills.
Specific reporting responsibilities which will include:-
- Circulation Data Library.
- Newstrade reporting.
- Multiple retailer summaries.
- Ad Hoc retail reports.
- Selected third party title reporting.
- Behavioural/Demographic Analysis
We are offering a competitive salary benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Defined progression pathway
- Contributory pension scheme
- Simply Health Healthcare Cashplan
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Inclusion Networks and Champions, giving all employees a voice
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.