Circulation Sales Executive
FT / Deadline: 28 February, 2020 / Competitive
The Financial Times is one of the world’s leading business news organisations, recognised internationally for its authority, integrity and accuracy. The FT has a record paying readership of one million. It is part of Nikkei Inc., which provides a broad range of information, news and services for the global business community.
The FT Circulation Team is responsible for the distribution and sales of the FT Newspaper in all markets in the UK and Ireland. The Circulation Sales Executive will have an important role in helping the team with their reporting needs and in understanding market conditions, analysing sales and retail trends and providing general support. They will also work closely with other areas of the FT including the Subscription and Customer Service teams.
• Provide reporting and data analysis across the whole of our UK circulation business, either on a regular or ad-hoc basis and provide support for other regions as required.
• Use our retail database to monitor our retail sales and identify sales opportunities.
• Work to resolve persistent delivery issues on our priority subscription service, analysing data and working with the team to monitor performance and provide weekly and monthly reports.
• Analyse our voucher subscriber data to identify possible areas of focus for the team to follow up on.
• Provide cover and backup for other members of the team where appropriate.
• Contribute to ad hoc projects providing reporting and data analysis as required.
Required Experience and Skills
• Very strong numerical and analytical skills with a high level of accuracy and excellent eye for detail. Very good understanding of Excel including pivot tables and look ups, full training of FT systems will be provided.
• A can do and adaptable attitude with an ability to prioritise workloads and to multi task.
• Highly organised with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to demonstrate experience of using initiative to improve process or resolve problems with the ability to work unsupervised and able to use initiative to start and finish tasks.
• Adaptable and flexible in a fast-changing environment.
• Commercial awareness
Desirable Experience and Skills
• Experience of working with sensitive data with a demonstrable understanding of GDPR.
• Newstrade or media business experience.
• Knowledge of SQL.
• Interest in and understanding of current affairs.
We have offices in more than 35 cities, including London, New York, Hong Kong, Beijing, Manila, Sofia, San Francisco and Tokyo. Join us and find an inclusive and fast-paced environment with unique opportunities to support every step of your career.
Learn more about the FT, including announcements and career opportunities, at aboutus.ft.com.
To enquire about the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org