Direct to Consumer Supply Manager
News UK / Deadline: 28 August, 2020 / Competitive
Newsprinters are the chosen manufacturer and distributor for many of the UK’s well known and respected newspapers. With a heritage of quality and reliability combined with a culture of continual improvement, we make the news happen on a daily basis.
Operating from our three purpose-built sites at Broxbourne, Knowsley and Eurocentral, the Newsprinters network can offer National and Local newspapers the right print and distribution solution for their needs
The Direct to consumer team supports the hand delivered newspaper service within the M25. A highly commercial service that is reliant on accurate performance and growth.
You will support the Head of Direct to Consumer Performance, in ensuring the customers KPI’s are met and that all feedback, enquiries and complaints are managed through to resolution in a professional and timely manner. You will analyse TAAP data and proactively inform customers of performance making recommendations for changes in process to continually improve and ensure this service grows as a key revenue source for Newsprinters with improved margin.
Day to day
- Build commercial proposals for new customers, taking account of the night Operations needs and requirements to deliver customer KPI’s. Including creating and delivering presentations
- Support the Head of Direct to Consumer Performance to deliver the mobilisation plans for all new business opportunities
- Provide timely, accurate and insightful reporting that drives improvement
- Own the capability and the development of the TAAP driver devices
- Regular overlap with night operations hours to ensure DTC customers requirements are being communicated and achieved.
- Be the lead interface with all customer call centres, regularly arrange to visit their offices, listen to calls and update the teams on the business.
- Manage the consumer data transfer between NP and clients and ensure NP distribution systems are populated correctly to produce required driver outputs
- Work closely with Central Planning to ensure driver routes are managed appropriately
- Review costs and ensure they run to budget
What we are looking for from you:
- Knowledge of SAP distribution systems, the distribution process and KPIs
- Ability to interpret data, conduct performance review meetings with business partners at senior level and drive improvements
- Ability to adopt new systems quickly and accurately
- Ability to manage third party service providers
- Confident in using CRM or equivalent
- Collaborative, able to work across functions, teams, companies and industries
- Solution orientated when faced with challenges
- Ability to swiftly evaluate available information and take rapid decisive action
- Advanced Excel skills
- Inquisitive with an appetite to grow the business
We are an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.