The purpose of the role is to:
- Manage the reintroduction of the newspaper category across the Aldi estate on behalf of dmg media, who have been appointed official category partner.
- Successfully implement phased trial in line with Aldi objectives and timelines, leading to full national roll out.
- Effectively schedule equipment manufacture and distribution to store
- Employ key category management principles to create individual store ranges to maximise sales and profit.
- Optimise retail distribution with wholesale partners, ensuring effective supply management and on time, secure daily deliveries.
- Management of store issues through customer service contact centre.
- Interrogation of sales data to identify performance issues and opportunities.
- Maintenance of Aldi Price and Barcode file.
- Legal contracts and agreements with retailer / wholesalers / publishers
- Responsible for project P&L, financial invoicing and reconciliation.
- Performance reporting to key internal and external stakeholders.
Key Relationships of the role:
- Circulation Operations – Data / Copy Allocation / Wholesale
- Customer Service
- Data and insights team
- ALDI: Head Office, Store Level, Regional Distribution Centers
- Rascal Systems
- Equipment manufacturers
- Merchandising companies
The role is accountable for:
- Delivering the reintroduction project into ALDI stores vs the key outlined criteria.
- Day to day management of the interface with ALDI Head Office and store colleagues.
- Management of all supplier relationships, equipment, wholesale & publishers.
- Scheduling equipment requirements, ordering and distribution.
- Creating tailored stores ranges accounting for national and regional demand, most suitable for the store location to maximise category performance at each location
- Review weekly sales reports to identify exceptions (positive or negative), understand reasons why and take corrective action.
- Ongoing review of allocations for all titles vs sales across stores ensuring optimum efficiency and availability.
- Resolving any issues arising from the trial and/or escalating to a manager to resolve.
- Ongoing management and updating of the ALDI Epos Price file, any new price and barcodes to be updates with them as per the contract.
- Providing weekly report to Senior Management at dmg media as well as a weekly summary report to Aldi.
- Presenting performance updates at scheduled Aldi review meetings.
- Ensuring regular reports are sent to all publishers.
- Management of invoicing both inbound and outbound with ALDI, wholesale and publishers, ensuring on time payment.
- Regular field calls to stores to gain feedback from ALDI store colleagues.
- Arranging customer exit interviews to ascertain the success of the trial from a customer stand point.
- Creating end of trial business case to ensure approval for national rollout.
The roles performance will be assessed / measured by:
- Agreed annual targets in line with business and functional objectives:
- Sales performance – Average store RSV Target as agreed with ALDI
- ALDI stores : Operational Simplicity
- Execution of defined daily routine to ensure minimum store colleague requirement to operate and sell category.
- Aldi Head Office : Operational Simplicity –
- Seamless management of product and price changes
- Accurate and efficient weekly invoicing to RDC’s
- Swift resolution of any store issues that arise
- Benefit to overall store performance eg. Footfall & frequency
- Data management – Accurate and efficient weekly epos data flow
- Project Financial Management – Management of project P&L, Forecasting and projection of cost & revenue flow
- Publisher satisfaction – Category performance Fair, impartial and transparent management of category
- Title profitability
What is needed to be successful in this role (person specification):
- Proven track record of success in a retail account management role
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in either a key Account Manager /National Account Manager / or Buying manager role, exposure to publishing / newspaper category preferred but not mandatory
- Previous line management responsibility
- History of building strong relationships both internally and externally with key business partners to deliver results
- Strong combination of commercial acumen and project delivery
- Ability to define opportunities and problems, collect and analyse data, establish facts and make valid conclusions with appropriate recommendations
- Proven track record of Customer / Account Management including negotiation, influencing and business planning
- Proven track-record working cross-functionally to deliver meaningful results on time and on budget
- Takes ownership for role, objectives and resolution to achieve positive outcome for the business
- Strong analytical skills, including strong data and financial analysis skill
- Self-starter who is able to drive forward initiatives to achieve objectives
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change within a fast paced environment
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint presentation creation
Please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
NO AGENCIES PLEASE