Managing Director – Newsstand
JG Palmer LLP / Deadline: 30 April, 2021 / £80k+ Profit share after 2 years
A rare and exciting opportunity for an intelligent, organised and committed individual who feels that they are approaching the highest performing decade of their career and wants to ensure it is both productive and rewarding.
Newsstand has built market leading services to both consumer and publisher, their continued satisfaction is THE most important target. The business is complex and disruptive, developed by a family company that has driven forward innovation within the newspaper and magazine distribution industry for many years and has much more to achieve.
You must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and be adaptable to changing priorities and ongoing improvements. It is crucial that you are ready to accept responsibility for the business operations in their entirety but comfortable in an environment where your ideas will be challenged and justification sought for business critical decisions. You will naturally be a hardworking and strong business and people manager, with a clear ability to handle detail and data driven investigation. You must be prepared to learn the business in great depth in order to succeed.
Inheriting a loyal and knowledgeable team of 30, you will have overall responsibility for all departments covering sales and marketing, IT, customer services, warehousing and distribution to ensure that targets are met and that efficiencies are not only maintained but improved.
The company has a track record of successful evolution and there is a plan for new departments and services to be added this year. With direction from the partnership on strategic matters, the ability to implement new services via planning, testing and marketing is required and previous, successful experiences of a similar nature desired.
The ideal candidate will have history of managing, growing and improving businesses or departments. Having a wide range of proven skills is desirable and always an advantage in the management of small companies, but eCommerce/IT and distribution are key elements. S/he should have a good eye for detail, comfortable in challenging an established team as required, but also have the strength of character and leadership to delegate ownership, responsibility and accountability to key team members; allowing staff to develop and take responsibility is a key part of our company philosophy.
Newsstand can offer a fantastically exciting journey as an industry leader, with great people and a huge amount still to get done! Whitstable is not a bad place to be, either.
• Monitor and ensure the smooth running of the entire eCommerce & ERP systems and development strategies
• Direct the efficient operation of the fulfilment and despatch services
• Successfully engage with publisher clients and drive customer service excellence
• Ensure compliance with employment law, health & safety and other legal obligations of the business, including data control
• Implement new services and departments, and ensure operational premises and staff remain suitable for the growing business
• Lead the existing team of employees, growing staff base as required for both new projects and organic growth
• Report to the partnership on a quarterly basis whilst implementing any high level direction as required
• 5+ years of upper management experience
Please submit your covering letter and C.V. to: Employment@newsstand.co.uk