Seymour / Deadline: 27 April, 2022 / Please state your salary expectations
The role of the Marketing Co-ordinator at Seymour will see you working with one of the UK’s leading publishers to find opportunities to maximise their presence and sales at UK retailers. The Children’s Magazine sector is now the second largest on the UK Newsstand and a category that has performed very positively over the last two years. The sector continues to go from strength to strength and our client is consistently innovating and launching new titles.
You will work within Seymour’s Client Services team, supporting the Newstrade Marketing Controller with the management of a leading Children’s Publisher. Your primary focus will be to analyse and assess the retail sales performance of the Children’s Market and the client’s portfolio, by maximising the use of the data available. The objective being to influence the sales of the portfolio, supporting profitability and activating their brands in the retail environment. This will entail accurately monitoring & reporting upon portfolio and title level performance versus objectives & the market, presenting this to internal teams and publisher stakeholders.
You will also offer expertise to the client’s commercial team as well as within the Seymour Client Services department. You will be playing your part in helping children to be entertained, informed, inspired, and discover the joy that comes with reading a magazine, the ultimate treat with benefits for curious little minds.
• Relationship Builder – developing best in class customer relationships with our publishing clients and internal and external trading partners.
• Consumer focused – become a Consumer Insight ‘specialist’, developing insights and helps turn them into action.
• Analytical – provides market intelligence of the children’s sector & the client’s performance. Be responsible for key reports for the team, publishing clients and external partners.
• Uses data to influence decisions – utilising available data & converting it into a presentable format to influence activation at retail and support retail negotiations.
• Commercial – use available data to review the effectiveness of trade marketing investment to ensure the best return on investment and tracks retail performance for key multiples for internal and external purposes.
• Presentation skills – present effectively to retailers, internal Seymour departments and the client when necessary.
• Accurate administration – to accurately input retail activity into the magazine promotional booking system and become a proficient user of company systems.
Who you are?
• A team player, who is good at building trust and long-term relationships.
• You are self-motivated, well organised and good at meeting deadlines.
• A strong communicator, good at getting your point across clearly and concisely
• You are also a good listener, have empathy and understand how to get the best out of those around you.
• You have strong analytical skills and are inquisitive about data.
• You possess an exceptional eye for detail.
What’s in it for you?
Seymour is part of The Frontline Group owned by two of the world’s leading publishing companies; Bauer Media and Immediate Media Company. This will give you the chance to grow your career across a number of different businesses and functions, including trade marketing, publishing, brand marketing, sales, finance and supply chain. We strongly believe in developing our own people and have a great track record of taking people from account exec level positions through to senior positions within the group.
As part of a high performing team, you will receive reward and recognition for what you achieve, through praise, recognition and the development of your career here at Seymour. We enjoy what we do and succeed through what we achieve as a team and what we do together. With a flexible working arrangement, Seymour is based in Smithfield’s in the heart of London. It’s a great place to be and we have an active Social Club that organise great events. The role also comes with:
• A competitive package
• Flexible Benefits
• 25 days holiday per year
• Pension scheme
As part of the wider Frontline Group you will be working for the market leading UK Distributor and the biggest global exporter of magazines. We account for 67% of magazine revenue in the UK so in your career you will have the opportunity to work with some of the most exciting and iconic magazines brands and children’s licenses, as well as working on titles that operate with highly engaged and passionate audiences. Our teams are made up of the most talented and widely respected people in our industry and are seen as the experts in their fields. At Seymour we are passionate about other people’s passions and embrace the wide variety of different interests, hobbies, sports and genres our readers love and with over 130 Publishing Clients and more than 1,000 magazine titles, life at Seymour is always exciting, rich with diversity, it can be challenging but always very rewarding.
To learn more about our company and our great people visit www.seymour.co.uk