Sales and Distribution Analyst
News UK / Deadline: 22 November, 2019 / Competitive
News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world. Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Unruly, a global ad tech company, and Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
The Sales and Distribution Analyst is an integral role within the Newsprinters Logistics team and is based in Broxbourne. Newsprinters is the print and logistics division of News UK which is responsible for distributing publications around the UK and Ireland.
Your role will be an essential part of the Newsprinters supply chain team’s success in predicting sales patterns for the shortest shelf life FMCG products in retail. Reporting to the Head of Demand Planning you will provide key strategic direction to maximise the sales of our clients.
- Manage Newsprinters allocation performance versus publisher KPIs
- Proactively analyse sales opportunities
- Provide cover for Allocation managers daily tasks
- Implement optimised reporting solutions
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to achieve the required service levels
- Model the impact of strategic changes in distribution strategy
- Support Head of Demand Planning on key projects.
Day to day you will:
- Review Allocation Team’s performance versus agreed KPIs
- Investigate areas of underperformance with Allocation Managers to determine corrective actions
- Utilise Tableau reporting suite to ensure efficient and accurate information
- Utilise News UKs unique demand planning tools to maximise sales
- Proactively identify upcoming sales opportunities
- Provide cover for team members on the allocation of News UK products
- Share knowledge of sales performance and value of allocation with stakeholders
- Plan for future seasonal changes in consumer patterns across the UK & Rep of Ireland
- Ad hoc analysis as required by Head of Demand Planning.
What we’re looking for from you: We are looking for someone who is proactive, detailed, highly communicative, reliable and flexible. You will have detailed analytical experience, preferably associated with planning consumer demand patterns. Supply chain experience and Tableau knowledge is an advantage but training can be provided for the right candidate.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse team and want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.
Complete the online application and upload your CV via the link below