Wholesale & Supply Chain Manager
Newsprinters / Deadline: 16 October, 2019 / Competitive
News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world. Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Unruly, a global ad tech company, and Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
This role is within the Newsprinters Logistics team and is based in Broxbourne. Newsprinters is the print and logistics division of News UK which is responsible for distributing publications around the UK and Ireland.
The Wholesale and Supply Chain team oversee the performance levels across print and logistics and lead change through a continuous improvement mindset. It is a dynamic and innovative team which ensures our products get into the hands of customers in a timely fashion so that we maximise sales opportunity. The team works to high standards in a fast paced environment.
Your role: As Wholesale and Supply Chain Manager your role will be an essential part of the Newsprinters supply chain team.
Day to day you will:
- Manage wholesaler related activities and performance KPIs, ensuring targets are met
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders, such as Newsprinters Planning teams, other publishers, wholesalers and industry bodies, to achieve supply chain KPIs
- Support the senior team in developing long term supply chain sustainability
- Ensure on time and in full deliveries across the market-place
- Performance management across the logistics and print teams
- Reporting and analysis of weekly and monthly business KPIs
- Own and set development roadmaps with key stakeholders
- Find solutions to any supply chain challenges
- Improve transparency of operational and performance activities across the supply chain
- Challenge underperformance in the supply chain
- Chair performance meetings
- Provide support to the wider team and your direct report (the Wholesale Network Coordinator), including regular catch ups and team meetings
- Manage ad hoc queries and escalations within the supply chain through to resolution
What we’re looking for from you: We are looking for someone who really wants to make a difference. A person who is proactive, innovative, highly communicative, reliable and flexible. Ideally with supply chain experience and proven performance management background. The ideal person will have strong skills in the following areas: data analysis, stakeholder management and communication skills.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse and team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.