Business Development Manager – News UK
McCurrach Group / Deadline: 06 May, 2022 / £28-30k per annum + bonus, company car with fuel card & other great benefits
As Business Development Manager for our News UK team you will be working with a network of Retailers to help them develop their newspaper business. You will build partnerships with your accounts to establish and grow their sales, where acquisition, retention, and increased frequency of purchase across both private and business customers is the main goal. You will enjoy being part of a highly skilled, creative, and goal-oriented team of Business Development Managers who will manage the UK’s top delivery retailers.
Territory Covers: Watford, Barnet, Suffolk, Kings Lynn, Kettering & surrounding areas
Salary up to £28- 30k per annum plus performance related bonus, company car & fuel card
Your customers include Business Owners, Multi Site Operators and Regional Managers for National chains including McColl’s and One Stop. You will identify opportunities for growth by understanding your customers and connecting them with powerful marketing and sales campaigns that can accelerate their business. You are supported with a comprehensive training programme and ongoing development, and as the role is highly autonomous you will have the opportunity to be creative and forward thinking in your development of the region.
Our News UK BDMs cover large territories and you will therefore spend a lot of time travelling/driving and you must be comfortable with this.
What’s in it for you?
We recognise that people are the key to our success. That’s why we make sure everyone at McCurrach enjoys continuous support, career development opportunities and great perks, including:
- Salary £28k-30k plus
- Performance-related bonus (up to 10% of base salary)
- No weekend working (40 hours, Monday to Friday)
- Smart working giving you flexibility
- 23 days paid holidays + public holidays (increases with length of service)
- Annual leave purchase scheme – up to 5 extra days per year!
- Company car & fuel card
- Free life assurance at 3x annual salary
- Company pension scheme – 3% employer contributions
- Discounted private healthcare & health cash plan
- Family-friendly working policies (such as enhanced maternity & paternity leave and flexible start/finish times)
- Access to Employee Benefits portal (discounts from a wide range of retailers plus much more!)
- Personal development through our ‘Byte’ e-learning platform
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme – 24/7 support on Physical, Mental and Financial Well-being
- Supportive company culture and values
- Career progression opportunities across the Avidity Group businesses
- Opportunity to volunteer for our taskforces (Diversity & Inclusion, Community, Sustainability, Mental Health & Well-being)
Who are we looking for?
Experience in retail, (convenience ideal), business development, sales, or marketing in a field-based role
A full, manual driving licence (with no more than 6 points and no previous bans/endorsements).
This role will also require a strong negotiator and excellent communicator with experience of working with and analysing data in order to identify opportunities for growth.
Who are News UK? The Sun, The Times, The Sunday Times
News UK is part of News Corp – a global media business focused on creating and distributing content that educates, entertains, informs and inspires our customers. Anywhere in the world. Online, offline, at work and at play.
At News UK our strength lies in the talent, experience and abilities of our people and the values that drive them. Passion, curiosity, bravery and optimism permeate our entire organisation. From Executives to Senior Management, from our Top Talent to every member of staff in every function.
These qualities allow them to thrive in the climate of constant reinvention, interpretation, adaptation and improvement of a fast-moving, highly creative, multichannel media business.
So, if you are passionate about the latest headlines and trends, want to have fun and recognise success only comes through hard work, then this is the next role for you!